K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24h Waterproof Micro 1 Day Tattoo Review

Friday, June 5, 2015

K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H Waterproof Micro 1 Day Tattoo Review

Japanese eyeliners have such a great reputation that I didn't think twice when I decided to pick one up to replace my Maybelline one. They score above 4/5 lipsticks (cute!) on makeupalley.com on the regular so to me it was a no-brainer. Out of the many contenders, I chose the K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24 Hour Waterproof 1 Day Tattoo Eyeliner with the Micro needle tip. 

As you can see below, the tip is super skinny looks almost like a needle. No need to worry though, it's just a super soft collection of tiny plastic fibers, so it won't jab at your eye if you have an unpracticed hand at applying eyeliner.

K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H Waterproof Micro 1 Day Tattoo Review





I had really high hopes for this liner because everyone seems to love it and I haven't used a brush pen in years so I thought maybe these would have morphed into something truly amazing and technologically advanced. I have to admit though other than the whole miniaturizing of the applicator tip, I'm not that impressed. 

Its strong point is that as you might imagine, it applies very precisely. Each stroke is very thin, and you can build up your line easily, making for fewer mistakes. It's also ideal for applying behind your already curled eyelashes, which isn't true of every eyeliner. There's just enough flex for you to reach behind your lashes but it's not too bendy so as to get the product all over the place.

If I operated by the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" principle, I'd have to end the blog post right here. But I don't and there are plenty of things that could be improved about this eyeliner so I'll continue.

K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H Waterproof Micro 1 Day Tattoo Review

As you can see in the first pic, the eyeliner is actually not that pigmented. On the scale of Crayola washable marker to Sharpie, this eyeliner is definitely more on the Crayola side of things. 

In the second photo, I subjected it to a smudge test where I rubbed the lines vigorously for about 10-20 times. It did flake a bit but I was kind of impressed with how it held up here so I moved on to test how waterproof it was.

In the next photo, I ran my arm under running water and tried to smudge/rub it again. I thought to myself, wow,  this isn't too bad, maybe I can look past the lack of pigmentation.

So I wore it every day for the past few weeks. I found that it doesn't look too bad for the first 2 hours or so.

K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H Waterproof Micro 1 Day Tattoo Review

Then this happens.

K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H Waterproof Micro 1 Day Tattoo Review

So that's 2000 words for you in those 2 pics. It does not stand up at all to oil/tears on the eyelids. It does last a few hours more, if layered over a powder base or primer. But I feel that an eyeliner should be able to hold up on its own, and I'd definitely pass on this and save yourself.. oh I think it was close to $16.00. I'm a little sad that it didn't work out for me, but you can't win em' all. 

UPDATE: In order to make the most of this purchase, I have been using this eyeliner as a brow pen! The micro tip is so thin that it is ideal for drawing in realistic looking brow hairs! I've been using this on the inner part of my brows and finishing the rest off with my trusty brow gel from elf. It's really upped my brow game... which is about to be further improved hopefully when my new brow stencils get here. More on those in a future post.

Thanks for reading! Have you tried this eyeliner? How did it work for you?
I banked on this eyeliner being good because 9 out of 10 reviews were favorable but am now looking for a replacement so let me know in the comments below if you have a recommendation! 

xx Joan

P.S. I'm not including a Shop the Post section today because I don't recommend this one for its primary function as an eyeliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment