Easy Pink Monochrome with Tony Moly Lovely Crystal Eyes in Pink Beam

Wednesday, May 20, 2015


effortless pink monochrome look tony moly lovely crystal eyes pink beam 토니몰리 크리스탈 러브리 애교 아이즈 3 핑크 빔 review

Today is all about one of those awesome makeup bits that give you that little thrill when you use it because you know that you got it for really cheap. It's the Tony Moly Lovely Crystal Eyes and I have it in the shade #3 Pink Beam. 

What is it?

This product is actually way cooler than it looks. It looks just a regular colored eyeliner pencil, which is totally what I thought it was for the first couple of uses... but I found out it's actually a dual purpose product! 

On one end it has a thin eyeliner pencil and on the other, there's a sponge tip applicator that automagically re-saturates itself with cream eyeshadow after every use. I had no idea that I could get a whole eye look out of just using this guy and of course some brown eyeliner!




effortless pink monochrome look tony moly lovely crystal eyes pink beam 토니몰리 크리스탈 러브리 애교 아이즈 3 핑크 빔
토니몰리 크리스탈 러브리 애교 아이즈 3 핑크 빔


If you look at the swatches below you'll see that the pencil side is a pink color with gold shimmer. It's also pretty pigmented. The texture could be a bit creamier, since I tend to use this side on my under eye area.

Next to the pencil, the eyeshadow sponge side is a much sheerer light pink shimmer. One thing that did not translate through the photo is the fact that though the cream shadow may be sheer, it looks beautiful layered over a base as it is ultra shiny and glossy.

effortless pink monochrome look tony moly lovely crystal eyes pink beam swatch 토니몰리 크리스탈 러브리 애교 아이즈 3 핑크 빔


The lasting power of the Lovely Crystal Eyes is fairly decent especially when used over a base. Not that it's a big issue anyway as the Lovely Crystal Eyes are so easy to throw in your bag for touch-ups. I've done it a few times and found that they do not leak product. 

I also loved that the cream texture of the shadow sponge side allowed me to use brown eyeshadow as eyeliner, as it really stuck to the cream texture without migrating across my crease. FOTD below.

UPDATE: I am LOVING the sponge side for my under eyes. It doesn't drag at all, and it gives you awesome shimmer along the entire lash line. I love this thing! I wish it didn't even have the eyeliner side and was just a long tube filled to the brim with liquid eyeshadow for the spongey side!

effortless pink monochrome look tony moly lovely crystal eyes pink beam 토니몰리 크리스탈 러브리 애교 아이즈 3 핑크 빔
all pink everything
Product List: Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher in Blueberry Pie, Revlon Sky Pink as the gradient lip base, and Wet N Wild Retro Pink as the gradient point color.

For $4.58, I'd say these are worth a gander. If you need an instant pick-me-up, they are also available at Urban Outfitters for $8.00.

Shop the Post:

Have you tried these? If so, what did you think? Which (other) colored pencils are you using these days?

Thanks for reading,
xx Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment